Sunday, September 23, 2012

On falling in love (the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time)

The first time I fell in love, I was freshman in high school. He was a senior, the older forbidden boy. I loved him for many years, and for many reasons. He kept me hidden and saw me nothing more than a piece of ass. I learned that sometimes the same level of love isn't returned. The next time I fell in love it was with a boy, pretending to be a man. I loved him fiercely and protected him from the world. He eventually broke my heart and trust with not only his words but his actions. I learned that no matter how much you love someone sometimes you have to take off the blinders. The last time I fell in love, it was with someone who lived thousands of lifetimes and miles away from me. I loved him despite all that and was willing to change my life for him. He fell in love with someone else, and let facebook tell me. I learned that distance doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. And now, now I think I'm falling in love again, this time I'll go into it knowing that I deserve to be shown off, that words and actions do hurt, and that distance can be a good thing but too much can tear you apart.




--This is the post that actually started it all. I posted this to my facebook and others wanted to see what I had written. So that's what spawned this blog thing. We'll see if I actually keep it up. --

No comments:

Post a Comment